Welcome to my Sustainable Urban Garden

My garden is a work in progress, always growing and changing within itself.

My gardens include many herbal beds, raised vegetable beds, raised "citrus heights" citrus tree bed, berry beds, fruit trees, grape arbor, rose beds and many perennial flower beds with annuals too. My greenhouse is still in the transformation stage,
as well as some planting areas.
Enjoy your journey through my gardens, I do!

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Finally the garden beckons

For some reason or many reasons,   ;-)
I have spent very little time in my gardens during the month of February. Was it the cold weather? Was it the rain and wind? Was it my classes? Was it my work?  I am not really sure, but the urge to get out there is back! Yea!!! I am on my way outside to prune. Yes, I know it is late, but all will survive.


The vegetable and fruit gardens are doing well for this time of the year. I do have less vegetables growing than usual though. I only have lettuce, onions, leeks, garlic, red potatoes, swiss chard and maybe spinach. Oh, I think I also have some bok choy growing too. I have many starter plants in the greenhouse waiting for me to get out there and give them the freedom of the 4 feet by 4 feet raised beds to spread their roots.

The lemons and grapefruit are providing us with a nice new crop. I have not gotten out there to check on my new fruit trees planted last year. So, hopefully off to the garden in 65° weather with an update and pictures to follow!

This ad is a little demonstration of some of what I have been working on inside on the computer this last month!


Click here to go to Sustainable Urban Gardens

No comments: