Welcome to my Sustainable Urban Garden

My garden is a work in progress, always growing and changing within itself.

My gardens include many herbal beds, raised vegetable beds, raised "citrus heights" citrus tree bed, berry beds, fruit trees, grape arbor, rose beds and many perennial flower beds with annuals too. My greenhouse is still in the transformation stage,
as well as some planting areas.
Enjoy your journey through my gardens, I do!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spring has been very slow in coming . . .

Here are some spring pictures.

The sky has looked much like this for much of our spring. There is a Kite in flight. He/she has a huge nest up in the top of that tree. At least we have gotten a normal years worth of rain. The problem is that it has been spread out over so many months that are normally warm with sunny blue skies.  Yes, it rained again today.
Here is evidence of so much rain that it seems like fall with all the debris of leaves, flower petals and nature's prunings.
This year we have three colors of Swiss Chard growing in the garden. On the left is the white, with red in the center, and the yellowy-orange on the right.  I love Swiss chard in steamed veggie dishes. They are new plants this year, but my last planting of it lasted at least four years. I called it grandfather chard!

No comments: