Welcome to my Sustainable Urban Garden

My garden is a work in progress, always growing and changing within itself.

My gardens include many herbal beds, raised vegetable beds, raised "citrus heights" citrus tree bed, berry beds, fruit trees, grape arbor, rose beds and many perennial flower beds with annuals too. My greenhouse is still in the transformation stage,
as well as some planting areas.
Enjoy your journey through my gardens, I do!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Even the White House is planting an organic vegetable garden this spring!

Yes, we have been saying for months now that an organic vegetable garden at the White House would set a good example for the country. We are so pleased that Michelle Obama is starting the garden and Sam Kass, an assistant White House chef will oversee the garden. It demonstrates the importance of fresh, nutritious, good tasting fruits and vegetables that are free from chemicals and are also plentiful and economically available to many Americans where they live. (at their home, community garden or local farmer's market)

Watch this video and see it really beginning.

No comments: