Welcome to my Sustainable Urban Garden

My garden is a work in progress, always growing and changing within itself.

My gardens include many herbal beds, raised vegetable beds, raised "citrus heights" citrus tree bed, berry beds, fruit trees, grape arbor, rose beds and many perennial flower beds with annuals too. My greenhouse is still in the transformation stage,
as well as some planting areas.
Enjoy your journey through my gardens, I do!

Monday, April 06, 2009

Welcome Life . . . back to my garden

The weather has been marvelous!!! Great for really working in the garden. And work in the garden I have done most days of the last two weeks. It is sooooooooo grounding to work with the plants, soil, earthworms and of course mother nature.

This hens and chicken is feeling spunky with beautiful delicate flowers.


The most exiting thing that I realized today is that the insects are slowly coming back to my gardens. There were several butterflies on my Lilac (in full bloom) yesterday and today. The honey bees and native bees are also showing up again and buzzing around me as I work. It feels so good to share space with them in the garden again. LIFE is coming back to the garden!!!


So, what I now need to do is talk to my neighbors about eliminating the chemical spraying that went on several days a week for most of last summer. That is when all the insects disappeared from my property. It just felt to dead!


"Where flowers bloom so does hope". ~ Lady Bird Johnson

No comments: