Welcome to my Sustainable Urban Garden

My garden is a work in progress, always growing and changing within itself.

My gardens include many herbal beds, raised vegetable beds, raised "citrus heights" citrus tree bed, berry beds, fruit trees, grape arbor, rose beds and many perennial flower beds with annuals too. My greenhouse is still in the transformation stage,
as well as some planting areas.
Enjoy your journey through my gardens, I do!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring sunshine is back again!

Yea! We got a very good soaking yesterday and especially last night. It was coming down hard for hours and hours. A much needed soaking too. I haven't checked to see how much precipitation we did get during this last storm. All the plants that are planted in the ground are feeling very perky today.


Here is a picture of my O'Henry peach tree that I planted last month and also a Fantasia nectarine tree planted at the same time.





















Here is a surprise I found this morning.
Pretty little iris isn't it? It was a nice gift from Mother Nature.



Well, this is all for today. I plan on posting more pictures tomorrow.
Sweet dreams of April flowers from April showers!

No comments: